AB EUROPEAN EQUITIES INSIGHT
The European Equities team produce regular articles, the latest is presented below. If you would like to receive our regular insights content, please subscribe within the ‘Resources' section of our fund page.
Can European Healthcare Stocks Surmount US Political Pressures?
Healthcare stocks have underperformed this year amid growing fears about pressure on US drug prices. But in pockets of the European healthcare industry where these fears are overdone, we think selective investors can find attractive opportunities.
The ES AllianceBernstein Europe (ex UK) Equity Fund entails certain risks:
- Equity securities risk: The value of equity investments may fall as well as rise, over short or long periods, and you may get back less than you originally invested.
- Focused portfolio risk: Investing in a limited number of issuers, industries, sectors or countries may subject the portfolio to greater volatility than a portfolio which is invested in a larger, more diverse array of securities.
- Derivatives risk: The Portfolio may use financial derivative instruments which may results in increased gains or losses.
- Other risks include: Concentration risk, counterparty and custody risk, country risk, currency risk, derivatives risk, hedging risk, liquidity risk, management risk, small & mid cap stock risk, illiquid or restricted securities risk and investment in collective investment schemes risk.
- These and other risks are described in the Portfolio's prospectus.
For Investment Professional use only and not for retail. Before making an investment, investors should review the fund's full prospectus, together with the relevant Key Investor Information Document (KIID). Copies of these documents may be obtained free of charge from the AllianceBernstein website or in printed form from Equity Trustees Fund Services.
Note to All Readers: The information contained here reflects the views of AllianceBernstein L.P. or its affiliates and sources it believes are reliable as of the date of this publication. AllianceBernstein L.P. makes no representations or warranties concerning the accuracy of any data. There is no guarantee that any projection, forecast or opinion in this material will be realised. The views expressed here may change at any time after the date of distribution. For informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. AllianceBernstein L.P. does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. It does not take an investor's personal investment objectives or financial situation into account; investors should discuss their individual circumstances with appropriate professionals before making any decisions. This information is issued by AllianceBernstein Limited, 50 Berkeley Street, London W1J 8HA, it is for marketing purposes. Registered in England, No. 2551144. AllianceBernstein Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The [A/B] logo is a registered service mark of AB and AllianceBernstein® is a registered service mark used by permission of the owner, AllianceBernstein L.P.
© 2019 AllianceBernstein L.P.