Shareholders of former ThomasLloyd Energy Impact vote against voluntary wind-up

83.1% against

Eve Maddock-Jones
clock • 1 min read

Shareholders in the Asian Energy Impact trust, formerly known as ThomasLloyd Energy Impact, have voted overwhelmingly against a proposal to voluntarily wind-up the portfolio, in line with the board's view.

The trust failed its continuation vote in August, a move which triggered the board to put forward proposals for the reconstruction, reorganisation or winding-up of the fund to shareholders for their approval. At a general meeting yesterday (19 December), 83.1% of shareholders voted against the voluntary wind-up, with the remaining 16.9% voting in favour of the action. Board of former ThomasLloyd Energy Impact expects delayed reports before year-end The board had pushed for shareholders not to vote in favour of the voluntary wind-down, as it sought to complete its strategic review a...

To continue reading this article...

Join Investment Week for free

  • Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the investment industry, including the Sustainable Hub covering fund news from the ESG space
  • Get ahead of regulatory and technological changes affecting fund management
  • Important and breaking news stories selected by the editors delivered straight to your inbox each day
  • Weekly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts
  • Be the first to hear about our extensive events schedule and awards programmes

Join now


Already an Investment Week