Parmenion shareholders look to £400m for potential stake sale - reports

AssetCo owns a 30% stake in the firm

Valeria Martinez
clock • 1 min read

Parmenion shareholders are exploring the sale of a significant stake in the firm at a valuation of between £300m and £400m, just 18 months after abrdn sold the entire company for £102m last year.

According to Sky News, the potential sale of the stake in the adviser platform, which holds around £9bn in assets under management, will be advised by Fenchurch Advisory Partners, which also advised abrdn on its original sale in March 2021. AssetCo, the wealth manager spearheaded by abrdn's former CEO Martin Gilbert, owns a 30% stake in Parmenion, while the remaining 70% is held by Preservation Capital, a private equity firm. AssetCo CEO Campbell Fleming looks to another year filled with deals Sources told Sky News that both AssetCo and Preservation were unlikely to sell their stak...

To continue reading this article...

Join Investment Week for free

  • Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the investment industry, including the Sustainable Hub covering fund news from the ESG space
  • Get ahead of regulatory and technological changes affecting fund management
  • Important and breaking news stories selected by the editors delivered straight to your inbox each day
  • Weekly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts
  • Be the first to hear about our extensive events schedule and awards programmes

Join now


Already an Investment Week


More on Companies