HSBC UK has published a list of 20 multi-asset funds it deems suitable for self-directed investors.
The Funds Shortlist, which follows the launch of five ready-made portfolios in the HSBC Global Investment Centre (GIC) in March 2019, highlights 20 funds selected from the 279 available through the GIC that are vetted and monitored by HSBC investment analysts to ensure they "stay within their given risk and reward profile".
Fund providers featured on the list include Fidelity, HSBC Global Asset Management, Invesco, Schroders and Threadneedle, while two ESG funds have also been included.
The shortlist has been compiled on the back of findings by market research company Ipsos Mori that showing investor demand for investing quickly and efficiently, notably among novice investors where 46% have not taken financial guidance.
HSBC Funds Shortlist
• HSBC Global Strategy Adventurous Portfolio
• HSBC Global Strategy Balanced Portfolio
• HSBC Global Strategy Cautious Portfolio
• HSBC Global Strategy Conservative Portfolio
• HSBC Global Strategy Dynamic Portfolio
• Fidelity Multi Asset Income
• HSBC Global Sustainable Multi Asset Balanced Portfolio
• HSBC Global Sustainable Multi Asset Conservative Portfolio
• HSBC World Selection Adventurous Portfolio
• HSBC World Selection Balanced Portfolio
• HSBC World Selection Cautious Portfolio
• HSBC World Selection Conservative Portfolio
• HSBC World Selection Dividend Distribution Portfolio
• HSBC World Selection Dynamic Portfolio
• HSBC World Selection Interest Inc Portfolio
• Invesco Perpetual Managed Growth
• Schroder Managed Balanced
• Threadneedle Managed Bond Focused
• Threadneedle Managed Bond
• Threadneedle Managed Equity & Bond
James Hewitson, head of wealth management at HSBC UK, commented: "Over the last few years, we have placed great emphasis on making investing accessible to more of our customers.
"Our research has highlighted a need for simple investment journeys with concise product lists and the Funds Shortlist ticks those boxes.
"For those that do not want to spend hours researching the market, we have done the work for them. Whether you are investing for income or for growth, our Funds Shortlist provides another route to investing in approved HSBC and non-HSBC funds and portfolios."