Woodford and Newman shared dividends of £13.8m before closure

Latest accounts show profits fell to £16.2m to 31 March 2019

clock
Interim dividends amounting to £13.8m were paid to Woodford Capital
Image:

Interim dividends amounting to £13.8m were paid to Woodford Capital

Neil Woodford and Craig Newman received dividends totalling £13.8m in the 12 months to the end of March 2019, as Woodford Investment Management faced a growing crisis that ultimately led to its closure in October last year.

According to accounts filed by Woodford Investment Management yesterday (6 January) for the 12-month period, interim dividends amounting to £13.8m were paid to Woodford Capital, an unlimited company controlled by its directors. Fund manager Woodford owned 65% of the company, while the other 35% was owned by Newman, meaning the two directors took home around £9m and £4.8m respectively. Aberdeen Standard Investments to take over Woodford Income Focus The company reported profits after tax for the year to end of March of £16.2m, significantly lower than the £33.7m profit it made in 20...

To continue reading this article...

Join Investment Week

  • Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the investment industry, including the Sustainable Hub covering fund news from the ESG space
  • Get ahead of regulatory and technological changes affecting fund management
  • Important and breaking news stories selected by the editors delivered straight to your inbox each day
  • Weekly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts
  • Be the first to hear about our extensive events schedule and awards programmes

Join now

 

Already an Investment Week
member?

Login

More on Funds

Vietnamese equities tend to outperform Chinese equities when Chinese equities underperform the rest of the world

Deep Dive: Frontier markets require caution due to 'barrage' of shocks

Divergence from emerging markets

Kathleen Gallagher
clock 12 August 2022 • 4 min read
Bestinvest's bi-annual Spot the Dog finds over £45bn is still in underperforming portfolios

Bestinvest's Spot the Dog finds fewest underperformers in six years

Number of dog funds more than halves

clock 08 August 2022 • 4 min read
The £237m Baillie Gifford British Smaller Companies Fund was rated as not providing value.

Baillie Gifford UK equity strategies suffer low ratings in AoV

One red and four amber funds

clock 08 August 2022 • 2 min read
Trustpilot