The outlook for European equities
The latest Investment Week Conjecture debate focused in on the outlook for Continental European equities with a panel consisting of Henderson's John Botham, Hu Aarts of Merrills and Paras Anand of DWS.
Among the conclusions of the three fund managers are:
• European markets look cheap compared with the US.
• Eastern Europe's cheaper labour costs are helping to drive down equivalent costs in western workforces.
• Corporate governance standards are on the rise.
• The dollar has further to fall against the euro.
• National economies continue to exist despite the single currency and interest rate.
• Good outlook for small- and mid-cap equities.
For full details go to page 78